Categories

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

just a day, just an ordinary day. just trying to get by.

What is it about a coffee shop that elicits deep thoughts about life? As I'm sitting at the Starbucks on Washtenaw with my dear roommate Amy, (who has immersed herself in finding Halloween costume ideas online <3) I find myself pondering about the wonders of life. Maybe my lecture slides from my social development class inspired me to look back at my own life and childhood. Anyways, do you ever wonder if things happen for a reason?  What if you happened to not be at a specific time and place when you met someone who means the world to you? What if you were supposed to meet someone or discover something you love doing but because of chance it never happened? It's so crazy how one small decision paves the way to many other roads and decisions in your life. Although life feels dull at times (if not most of the time), when you actually sit down and think about it, the endless possibilities of life are scary but pretty exciting at the same time.     







My question is "What's the next decision I'll make that will turn the pages to the next chapter of my life?" I'll start with finishing my lecture slides and enjoying my favorite drink from Starbucks--a tall, hot (or iced) coffee with vanilla syrup and skim milk. 


I thought this song was relevant to my blog entry :) Yes, it's the soundtrack to a Disney animation film called Meet The Robinsons (2007) which is one of the best movies I've ever seen! I cried a little..lol 


Rob Thomas-Little Wonders
watch the music video
here!


"Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know the hardest part is over
Let it in, let your clarity define you
In the end we will only just remember how it feels


Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours still remain"


By: Grace Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment